Guide to 90-Day Reporting in Thailand by Registered Mail


The 90-day reporting in Thailand is for foreigners who hold a Non-Immigrant Visa or an Extension of Stay. Thai Immigration requires this process to keep track of a foreigner’s current address every 90 days.

According to the general guideline, the foreigner must file this report within 15 days before the end of the 90-day period, or within 7 days after it ends. The reporting may be done in person, through an agent, or through the mail.

The 90-day reporting in Thailand is not equivalent to a visa extension. However, if a foreigner does not comply with this guideline, he or she will face serious repercussions.

A fine of 2,000 baht will be imposed on a foreigner who stays in the country for more than 90 days and fails to notify the Immigration Bureau after the designated period. It can increase to 5,000 baht if the foreigner gets arrested.

Foreigners can file their  90-day report or their authorized representative at any of the following locations:

  • Immigration Bureau Office, Chaengwattana Road, Bangkok
  • Immigration offices throughout the country

90-Day Reporting in Thailand

How to do 90-day reporting in Thailand by Registered Mail

If the foreigner chooses to do the 90-day report, he/she must prepare the following required documents:

  1. Photocopies of the following passport pages:
  • front page showing name / surname / passport number
  • current visa
  • last entry stamp of immigration
  • last extension of visa

2.  A photocopy of arrival/departure card TM.6

3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47

5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The foreigner must send the above listed documents through mail 15 days before the renewal date to the local Immigration Office where he/she resides.

For verification purposes, the foreigner should keep the receipt after sending the registered mail.

Also Read:

How to get a Teaching License in Thailand

Requirements for Temporary Teaching Permit in Thailand

Facebook Comments

2 thoughts on “Guide to 90-Day Reporting in Thailand by Registered Mail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.