The Teachers’ Council of Thailand updated its requirements for teaching license renewal effective 24th of April 2019. The basic qualifications and requirements are listed on its website as follows:
Any foreign teacher who seeks to renew his/her teaching license at the Teachers’ Council of Thailand must:
- hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in Education field or
- hold a bachelor’s degree in another field + teaching experience of not less than 5 years or
- hold lower than bachelor’s degree + teaching experience of not less than 10 years
In addition, it is important to note that the license holder must:
- present reasonable/authentic documentation of not less than 3 professional development activities during the 5-year validity period of the license
- have his/her documents and qualifications duly scrutinized and approved by the school director
The applicant must comply the following requirements:
- Completed Professional License Renewal Application Form (Form KS. 02) with a 1-inch photo attached; and applicant’s signature above the provided line on the form;
- Completed applicant’s Qualification Declaration Form (Form KS. 02.10). This form must be completed by the applicant from page 1 to page 4. After completion, the school director must verify its accuracy and should affix his/her signature on page 5 to affirm that the license holder meets the qualification for license renewal;
- Copy of documents or evidence of the performance results of professional practice as specified in Section 2, Item 2.1 (pages 2 – 4 of the KS. 02.10 Form). The performance results must include at least 3 different activities that occur during the license’s period of validity;
- Copy of all the used pages of the teacher’s passport; preferably the photo page and present Non-B Visa page;
- Copy of all the used pages of the teacher’s work permit;
- Copy of the current teaching license;
- Copy of educational certificate (Diploma) along with official transcripts of records ;
- Two 1 X 1.25 inch half-length, full face photographs in which the applicant is facing the camera directly; wearing formal clothing without hat and sunglasses; taken against plain, blue or white background and taken within the last six months (Do not wear a t-shirt or tank top, no smile)
*Scanned Polaroid and photographs printed on an inkjet printer are unacceptable.
*One photograph should be attached/glued to the application form (KS. 02) in the designated space and place another one in a small zippered plastic bag and staple it to the form.
- Payment receipt for license renewal fee: 200 Baht
Important Reminder: All copies of original documents being submitted must be certified as true copies of the original by the applicant or the authorized person.