THAILAND. The whole country will have more rain, while the North, the Northeast, the Central, the East, and the South (west coast) regions will experience heavy rains, the Thai Metreological Department reported on Thursday.
The department cited a strong monsoon trough crossing into the low pressure area over the Northeast, while the southwest monsoon prevails over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand.
In an early weather forecast, the Thai Metreological Department warned people to be cautious of the severe conditions that may cause flash floods and overflows.
Thai Metreological Department Weather Forecast: July 14-15
Here’s the weather forecast for July 14-15.
North: Fairly widespread thundershowers and isolated heavy rains
- Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Tak, Kamphaeng Phet and Phetchabun
Northeast: Fairly widespread thundershowers and isolated heavy rains
- Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Kalasin, Khon Kaen,
Chaiyaphum, Maha Sarakham and Nakhon Ratchasima
Central: Scattered thundershowers and isolated heavy rains
- Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Lop Buri and Saraburi.
East: Fairly widespread thundershowers and isolated heavy rains
- Nakhon Nayok, Prachinburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat
South (East Coast): Scattered thundershowers
- Mostly in Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat
South (West Coast): Fairly widespread thundershowers and isolated heavy rains
- Ranong, Phang Nga and Phuket
Bangkok and surrounding areas: Fairly widespread thundershowers