In July 1, Thailand through its Tourism Sandbox Program has officially opened its doors to visitors from all over the world including Filipino citizens.
Under this tourism initiative, Thai and non-Thai nationals are now allowed to visit the tourism sandbox provinces. Currently, Phuket is the only province that has been designated for this program.
Eligible Travelers for Tourism Sandbox Program
1. Thai or non-Thai nationals
2. Must travel from eligible countries/territories to enter the Sandbox program as announced by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and must be staying in the said countries/territories no less than 21 days before the travel date.
*Thai and foreign nationals with residence in Thailand are exempted from this 21-day stay requirement.
3. Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of Thailand or approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) for no less than 14 days before the date of departure.
*Children under 18 years of age without COVID-19 vaccination are allowed only when travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians.
Requirements for both Thais and non-Thais entering Tourism Sandbox Program
2. Valid Thai visa or re-entry permit (if required)
3. Certificate of Entry (COE)
*The COE for the Sandbox travelers is different from the COE for other categories.
4. Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before departure. The negative result must be presented to the airline check-in counter.
5. Medical insurance which covers treatment and medical expenses in relation to COVID-19, with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD.
– For Thai-nationals, the insurance must cover total duration of stay in the Sandbox program (14 days).
– For non-Thai nationals, the insurance must cover the total duration of stay in Thailand.
6. Receipt or proof of payment for SHA Plus accommodation, specifying both accommodation fees (for at least 14 days, unless having proof of return tickets leaving Phuket (to another country) before 14 days) and RT-PCR COVID-19 test fees.
7. (An original paper or a print out of digital version of) Certificate of Vaccination certifying that the holder receive manufacturer’s recommended dose(s) of vaccine approved by World Health Organization (WHO) or the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand, no less than 14 days before departure.
Children under 18 years of age without COVID-19 vaccination are allowed only when travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians.
Note: Travelers must remain in Phuket for 14 days before traveling to other areas in Thailand. The traveler may leave Phuket earlier if the outbound destination is another country.
Source: Philippine Airlines
General Information Phuket Sandbox
Covid Insurance for Foreigners in Thailand
“No Quarantine” Phuket Sandbox
Guide to 90-day Reporting in Thailand by Registered Mail
OFW in Thailand: Teaching in Phitsanulok
One thought on “Tourism Sandbox Program: How can Filipinos Travel to Thailand in 2021”